I have a split personality. Or so I’ve been told. There are two distinct sides of me which make up one unique personality. Or at least, that’s what I tell myself. Allow me to introduce you to us.
Can best be described as:
I’m constantly evolving and consistently frugal. I’ve never been fond of labels (designer or otherwise) and exercise the right to change my mind. Frequently. Without notice. I sip adult beverages and say grace before meals and snacks. I’m self-diagnosed with mild-to-moderate OCD and accessorize religiously.
You’re likely to bump into me at:
A few years ago, I trademarked The Unemployed Entrepreneur® isn’t someone I became. It’s who I’ve been my entire life.
I live by three simple principles:
- Action – get up and do something!
- Authenticity – when you do it, embrace your genuine self!
- Accountability – don’t make excuses as to why you can’t do it…whatever IT is!
I’ve been a contributing writer to Forbes and achieved a lifelong dream of becoming a radio personality. In 2010, I signed on with Austin Community Radio, Inc. on KAZI 88.7 FM and joined the Juice & Jam crew – a variety talk show where I was the only female co-host.
My consulting services have been utilized by small businesses, associations, and sole proprietors to provide strategic planning and execution on sales, marketing, relationship building, and developing an effective online presence.
Why Read My Blog?
This is the place where you get a sneak peek into one woman’s success story as it unfolds. Often times, we don’t hear about these stories until after someone has made a name for themselves. No matter if you’re an entrepreneur, employee, student, or stay-at-home mom, I’m bound to write something you can relate to and you may even be inspired.
Here are a few things I’m particularly proud of:
- worked my way up from file clerk to management without a college degree
- became a radio host with no celebrity or experience whatsoever
- launched two women’s groups: one for entrepreneurs, another for public speaking
- provided expert commentary to HGTV, CNN.com, and other media outlets
- was featured in Redbook and All You magazines